I was in need for some masculine hello card to send to new members in our church. A few of the new Sizzix 3-D Texture Embossing Plates are perfect and create really amazing cards. For this card the embossing plate was used on Paper Accents Silver Mirror cardstock and then distress with VersaFine Onyx Black Ink.
The VersaFine ink really does dry on the mirror cardstock, so I dried it as best I could with a heat tool and then ran VersaMark Ink over the surface and heat embossed it with Hero Arts Fine Detail Clear Embossing Powder. I love the distressed look this creates.
The embossed panel was run through the Big Shot again with a My Favorite Things A2 Stitched Rectangle. The sentiment is one of the My Favorite Things Happy Hello Dies. It was cut from the embossed panel and an additional three times from a scrap of black cardstock. All were adhered together using Ranger Multi Medium Matte and then inlaid back into focal image panel.
I was really happy with the way this turned out.
- Sizzix 3-D Texture Embossing Folder Foundry
- My Favorite Things Happy Hello Die
- Paper Accents Silver Mirror Cardstock
- Gina K. Designs Base Weight Onyx Black Cardstock
- Be Creative Tape
- Darice Sticky Back Foam Black
- Ranger Multi Medium Matte
- VersaFine Onyx Black Ink
- Hero Arts Ultra Fine Clear Embossing Powder
- Marvy Embossing Heat Tool