I love the way this card turned out! I recently purchased quite a few Stampin’ Up stamp sets and decided to put them to good use. The first that I pulled out was the Arrange a Wreath stamp and die.
I went on line and saw some of the designs people had used for this set and decided that I wanted to use both wreaths in the set. The leaves were cut from green cardstock and the other wreath was cut from a couple of different oranges. I used Copic Markers to add some shadows and dimension to the cuts. The die sets were adhered together offsetting each layer. Glossy accents were added to the tips of some of the orange flower/leaves to add some visual interest.
I thought the wreath would be a good size to use on a front door for a hello card, but I didn’t have a door die to create the card. So, I went to the Silhouette Cameo store and found the perfect design. I sized the elements to fit the front of an A2 cardbase and die cut everything from Kraft cardstock, with the exception being the lock and key and know from gold mirror. Once everything was cut I ran everything through Stampin’ Ups’ Wood Plank Embossing Folder. To bring out the woodgrain a blending brush and Distress Vintage Photo was added to the wood. All the pieces were adhered together with liquid glue.
I decided to use Stampin’ Ups Brick and Mortar Embossing Folder to give a brick entrance behind the door. I ran the front of the cardbase through the embossing folder to add the texture.
I added a thin strip of gray cardstock at the bottom of the door for the porch and another smaller strip with angled ends for the step.
I pulled out some gold organza ribbon to create a double bow for the wreath. At the last minute I pulled out Stampin’ Ups Beautiful Bouquet dies and added some flower clusters in three locations on the wreath. Gold rhinestones were add to the center of the flowers. For the sentiment the word “hi” was cut from gold mirror cardstock and added to the center of the wreath on sticky back foam.
- Silhouette Coffered Flower Wreath Door by Jennifer Rush
- Stampin’ Up Arrange a Wreath Dies
- My Favorite Things Happy Hello
- Stampin’ Up Beautiful Bouquet Flower Die
- Stampin’ Up Wood Plank 3D Embossing Folders
- Stampin’ Up Brick & Mortar 3D Embossing Folder
- Copic Markers: R14, R17, YR24, YR21; YG99, YG67; W6, W7
- Distress Ink Vintage Photo
- Gina K. Designs Base Weight Kraft and Ivory Cardstock
- Paper Accents Gold Mirror Cardstock
- Neenah Classic Crest 80# Solar White Cardstock
- Orange, Yellow, and Green Cardstock from Scraps
- Darice Thin Strip Foam Tape
- Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive
- Paper Studio Rhinestones
- Gold Organza Ribbon from Stash
- Nuvo Crystal Drops Ripened Pumpkin