I originally made this card for a color challenge, but didn’t get it completed in time. I like the bright and colorful flowers.
For this card I decided to do some no line watercoloring. I stamped the image on Strathmore 140# Cold Press Watercolor Paper with Distress Ink Antique Linen. I watercolored the flowers with Winsor & Newton Watercolors: Permanent Rose, Olive Green / Permanent Sap Green, Winsor Violet, Winsor Orange/Permanent Rose, wetting the area I wanted to color first with clear water before dropping in the color.
The cardbase is Gina K. Designs 120# White Cardstock, cut at 4 1/4″ x 11″ and scored at 5 1/2″. I cut a panel of pink Bo Bunny Passion Fruit Stripe Cardstock with the Simon Says Stamp Bundle of Stitched Shapes Die and adhered it to the card base with the Scotch Advanced Tape Glider.
Once the watercolor was dry I ran it through by Big Shot with the Winnie & Walter Audrey Essentials Die scalloped rectangle and applied some Michael Celebrate It pretty pink ribbon for a little added embellishment. For some added dimension I added 3M 1/2″ Foam Tape to the back of the focal image and applied it to the card base and the card was done.
- Gina K. Designs 120# White Cardstock
- Bo Bunny Passion Fruit Stripe Cardstock
- Strathmore 140# Cold Press Watercolor Paper
- Penny Black Garden Blooms Stamp Set
- Stampendous Agapanthus Thanks Stamp Set
- Distress Ink Antique Linen
- Winsor & Newton Watercolor: Permanent Rose, Olive Green / Permanent Sap Green, Winsor Violet, Winsor Orange/Permanent Rose
- Michaels Celebrate It Ribbon
- Pretty Pink Posh Enchanted Garden Sequins
- Winnie & Walter Audrey Essentials Die
- Simon Says Stamp Bundle of Stitched Shapes Die
- 3M 1/2″ Foam Tape
- Tombo Mono Multi Glue
- Ranger Multi Medium Matte
- Hero Hues Black Ink