I decided to try foiling on a dark cardstock and used the Gina Marie Designs Mandala Lace Background die. It turned out beautiful on black cardstock from Gina K. Designs. Such an elegant look. I cut down the background with a stitched rectangle so that there was a small black border when it was adhered to a black cardbase using Simon Says Stamp Mama Foam Tape.
I wanted something elegant to add as focal interest and decided to cut the Altenew Fantasy Floral Layering Die with two different pink mirror cardstock. To make the base layer darker I used some Copic Markers. The leaf cluster was cut from green mirror cardstock.
The sentiment was hot foiled using the same gold foil and cut into a flagged banner with a Pink & Main Sentiment Strip. Foam tape was added to the back of the banner as well.
The banner was adhered to the flower and leaf with liquid glue and then the release paper was removed from the foam tape and everything was adhered to the lower left of the card.
A very elegant look with this pretty background.
- Gina Marie Designs Mandala Lace Background Die
- Altenew Fantasy Floral Dies
- Spellbinders Glimmer Everyday Sentiments
- Crafter’s Companion Papercraft Gold Hot Foil
- Crafter’s Companion Mauve and Dusky Pink Mirror Cardstock
- Paper Accents Green Mirror Cardstock
- Gina K. Designs Base Weight Onyx Black Cardstock
- Simon Says Stamp Big Mama Foam Tape
- Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive
- My Favorite Things A2 Stitched Rectangle
- Pink & Main Sentiment Strip