This is the third design of hello card I created. I found this beautiful paper in the Craft Smith Blush Glam Cardstock Pack. I think it made a stunning card.
As with the previous hello cards, I used my Silhouette Cameo to cut a 6″ x 4 3/4″ rectangle and centered the word hello in that shape. The font used was Brannboll Fet cut at 120 pt.
I ran the rectangle through the Big Shot with the Simon Says Stamp Bundle of Stitched Shapes rectangle to give it a stitched border. I cut a small rectangle of Paper Accents Gold Mirror Cardstock to place behind the word cutout and taped it in place with regular scotch tape. Darice Adhesive Fun Foam was added to the back of the panel for added dimension. An A2 side folding cardbase was made from Gina K. Designs 120# White Cardstock and the hello panel with adhered with Tombo Mono Multi Glue.
It was very pretty and I could have left it that way and been happy with it, but I felt that it needed a little something extra to break up all the gold foil. I die cut the My Favorite Things Hybrid Camellia die from Doodlebug White Sprinkles Vellum and the leaves from Grafix 30# Leaf Green Vellum with My Favorite Things Layered Leaves die and glued it in the upper right corner of the card with Ranger Multi Matte Medium and liked it much better.
Very simple to make, but an elegant hello card to send to someone.
- Gina K. Designs 120# White Cardstock
- Craft Smith Blush Glam Cardstock Pack
- Paper Accents Gold Mirror Cardstock
- Doodlebug White Sprinkles Vellum
- Grafix 30# Leaf Green Vellum
- Simon Says Stamp Bundles of Stitched Shapes Rectangle
- My Favorite Things Hybrid Camellia die
- My Favorite Things Layered Leaves die
- Silhouette Word Cut – Brannboll Fet 120 pt. / Offset .04
- Darice Adhesive Fun Foam
- Tombo Mono Multi Glue
- Scotch Tape
- Ranger Multi Matte Medium