I was cleaning out a box of cardstock cardbases I never use and ran across this panel of ivory cardstock with a dark brown mat and decided to put it to use. I searched through my patterned cardstock pack and found this pretty plaid that would work with the brown mat. I cut it down using the largest My Favorite Things A2 Stitched Rectangle, which gives a very small border when placed on a card front. Now I needed to figure out what to use as a focal image.
I finally decided to pull out the My Favorite Things Balloon Shaker Window. I love the pouches, they make it so easy to create a shaker card. I cut it from gold mirror cardstock and filled it with gold beads and brown sequins and adhered it and the balloon string with liquid glue to the ivory panel.
The sentiment is from a favorite of mine, Lawn Fawn’s Happy Happy Happy. It has three different happy stamps with matching dies. I stamped one of the words with VersaMark Ink, heat embossed it with copper embossing powder, and cut it out with the coordinating die. I also cut it from sticky back foam for some dimension. I placed it on the card front to determine where to stamp the secondary greeting with Gina K. Designs Warm Cocoa Ink and then adhered it with liquid glue.
The card front was kind of blah and so I pulled out the shaker die set and cut out some of the filler images, cakes with candles, stars, and ribbon confetti swirls from gold mirror cardstock and scattered them around the balloon and sentiment. I liked that much better.
- My Favorite Things Balloons Shaker Window
- Lawn Fawn Happy Happy Happy
- Simon Says Stamp Tiny Words Birthday
- My Favorite Things Balloon Shaker Pouch
- Gina K. Designs Warm Cocoa Ink
- Golden Yellow and Brown Plaid Cardstock from Stash
- Bazzill Chocolate Brown Cardstock
- Gina K. Designs Layering Weight Ivory Cardstock
- Gina K. Designs Base Weight Ivory Cardstock
- Paper Accents Gold Mirror Cardstock
- Mikuki Seed Beads Honey Butter and Gold
- LilacLane Puppy Paws Sequin Mix
- Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive
- Kokuyo Dotliner Long Adhesive
- Be Creative Double-Sided Tape
- VersaMark Ink
- Ranger Super Fine Detail Copper Embossing Powder