I recently purchased Hero Arts Woodgrain Fancy Background die and decided to use it on a card. I cut the woodgrain background from Neena Classic Crest 80# Solar White Cardstock, but didn’t like the edges, so I cut it down using a stitched rectangle. It was then ink blended with Distress and Distress Oxide Weathered Wood Inks.
For the focal image I decided to create flowers in grayscale colors and pulled out three different shades of gray from my scraps and die cut Altenew’s Fantasy Floral 3D dies. I layered two flowers differently. One with the dark on the bottom and the other with the light on the bottom layer. The leaves were cut from the darkest gray.
In keeping with the gray color scheme the sentiment was cut from silver mirror cardstock. The sentiment was placed in the lower right of the panel and then the flowers and leaves were adhered around it. Black enamel dots were scattered around the focal image.
The woodgrain focal image panel was adhered to a top folding black cardbase and the card was done.
- Altenew Fantasy Floral 3D
- Simon Says Stamp Painted Hello
- Hero Arts Woodgrain Fancy
- My Favorite Things A2 Stitched Rectangle
- Gina K. Designs Base Weight Onyx Black Cardstock
- Neena Classic Crest 80# Solar White Cardstock
- Paper Accents Silver Mirror Cardstock
- 3 Shades of Gray Cardstock from Scraps
- Distress Oxide and Distress Weathered Wood Inks
- Doodlebug Designs Black Enamel Drops
- Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive
- Wink of Stella Clear Sparkle Pen