I recently purchased Tim Holtz’ Distress Micro Glaze to use with Distress Oxide Inks on photo paper. When Distress Oxide Inks are combined with water they turn very cloudy, but you can keep layering colors as long as you want, as long as you dry the layers in between. I almost through away this ink blended background. It was an ugly, cloudy mess, but I pulled it out of the trash and decided to experiment and see what it would look like after adding the micro glaze and low and behold it turned out to be a gorgeous, vibrant green.
I was able to get two cards from one panel of 4″ x 6″ photo paper. For the first card I die cut ballo0ns using both Avery Elle Balloons and Lawn Fawn Party Balloons from the micro glaze paper. I used My Favorite Things Little Uppercase and Lowercase Letters Dies to cut the sentiment in the balloons. A panel of cardstock from Doodlebug Designs Kraft in Color 6″ x 6″ Cardstock was die cut with a My Favorite Things A2 Stitched Rectangle and adhered to the front of an A2 top folding cardbase made from Gina K. Designs 120# White Cardstock. The balloons and they were adhered to the patterned paper using 3M 1/2″ Foam Tape. Sequins were scattered around the balloons and the card was done.
For the second card a rectangle of green cardstock was cut with the MFT Stitched Rectangle and adhered to a top folding cardbase. Balloon were cut from DCWV Floral Fair Stack 12″ x 12″ Paper using the same dies. The letters that had been die cut from the micro glaze paper were adhered to the front of the balloons with Ranger Multi Medium Matte. 3M 1/2″ Foam Tape was added to the back of the balloons and they were adhered to the front of the cardbase. Sequins were scatter around the balloons and a second card was created. Love when that happens.
- Avery Elle Balloons Dies
- Lawn Fawn Party Balloons Dies
- My Favorite Things Little Uppercase and Lowercase Letters Dies
- Distress Oxide Inks: Peeled Paint, Bundles Sage, Lucky Clover
- Ranger Distress Micro Glaze
- My Favorite Things A2 Stitched Rectangles
- Canson 4” x 6” Glossy Photo Paper
- Gina K. Designs 120# White Cardstock
- Doodlebug Designs Kraft in Color 6” x 6” Cardstock or
- DCWV Floral Fair Stack 12” x 12” Paper
- Green Cardstock from Scraps
- Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive
- Ranger Multi Medium Matte
- 3M ½” Foam Tape
- Pretty Pink Posh Seattle Spirit Mix and Fresh Mint Sequins
- Doodlebug Designs Limeade Sequins