My young friend Ella turns fifteen on November 1. Her favorite color is coral. I found a image that looked a little like Ella and printed it on Neenah Classic Crest 80# Solar White Cardstock with a laser printer so that the lines don’t bleed when coloring with Copic Markers.
Once the coloring was complete the image was fussy cut with scissors right up to the line. I used a black Memento Marker to color the edges of the image. Simon Says Stamp Big Mama Foam Tape was added to the back for a little dimension.
I wanted to add some visual interest behind the focal image and decided to use WeR Memory Keepers Flower Embossing Folder. I first cut a scalloped rectangle and then embossed it. It looked okay, but I decided to step it up a bit and used the same Copic Markers to color the flowers, I also used a light green on the leaves. I really liked the outcome. Foam tape was added to the embossed scalloped rectangle and it was then adhered to a top folding cardbase. The backing was removed from the foam tape on the back of the focal image and it was adhered to the card front.
The sentiment was stamped using a coral pink ink from Gina K. Designs and then was die cut using a stitched fishtail sentiment die. Foam tape was added to either side of the sentiment die, leaving an opening for the legs of the image.
- La-La Land Crafts Night Out Molli
- My Favorite Things Anything But Basic Birthday Greetings
- WeR Memory Keepers Flower Embossing Folder
- Copic Markers: R32, R22, R21, R20, R00; YR21, YR20, E55, E51; G000; E11, E01, E00
- My Favorite Things Stitched Fishtail Sentiments
- Gina Marie Designs Stitched Scalloped Rectangle
- Simon Says Stamp Big Mama Foam Tape
- Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive