The Clean and Simple Challenge on Splitcoaststampers this week is Keep it Clear. Whenever I think about using something clear in cardmaking I think of a shaker card. In the Spellbinders January Die of the Month there was a really large lattice heart that I thought would make a great shaker card.
The die set comes with the lattice heart and a solid heart that goes behind it. I die cut the lattice heart from some hot pink Silly Winks glitter foam and added some acetate behind it to create the shaker. Next I created a heart cardbase by die cutting the solid heart from Neena Classic Crest 80# Solar White Cardstock, leaving a small amount of the top of the heart off the edge. I and ink blended the top of the cardbase with Distress Inks (listed below).
I used 3M 1/2″ Foam Tape to add the dimension needed for the shaker. I cut it into thin strips and added it to the edge of the heart on the back. I create two layers of foam so the shaker elements could move freely. I filled the well with Beader Paradise Rose Beads,Mikuki Seed Beads Silver Lined Pink and Lilac, Martha Stewart Sugar Plum Confetti, andMartha Stewart Cotton Candy Confetti. I carefully placed the cardbase onto the foam tape lattice heart to create the shaker card.
I die cut a Simon Says Stamp tilted banner from white cardstock and stamped the sentiment from the Clearly Besotted Type Clear Stamp Set with Hero Hues India Ink Black. I added Ranger Multi Medium Matte to the ends of the banner and a thin strip of 3M 1/2″ Foam Tape to the center of the banner and adhered it to the front of the lattice heart.
At the last minute I decided to add the lattice heart card to a rectangle of 80# white cardstock. The edges were scalloped using one of the Simon Says Stamp Scalloped Stitched Edge Dies. The Lattice Heart was adhered to the center of the rectangle with Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive and small hearts cut from the glitter foam using the Impression Obsession Heart of Hearts Die were scattered around the large heart.
- Spellbinders Heart from January 2018 Die of the Month Kit
- Impression Obsession Heart of Hearts Die
- Simon Says Stamp Scalloped Stitched Edge Die
- Simon Says Stamp Tilted Banners Die
- Clearly Besotted Type Clear Stamp Set
- Distress Oxide Wilted Violet and Picked Raspberry
- Hot Pink Silly Winks Glitter Foam Sheet
- Gina K. Designs 80# and 120# White Cardstock
- 3M ½” Foam Tape
- Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive
- Ranger Multi Medium Matte
- Beader Paradise Rose Beads
- Mikuki Seed Beads Silver Lined Pink and Lilac
- Martha Stewart Sugar Plum Confetti
- Martha Stewart Cotton Candy Confetti
- Copic RV66 to color the edges of the foam tape