I really love the Simon Says Stamp Heart of Roses die and decided to use it for a Valentine’s Day card this year cutting it from mirror cardstock. I think it has an elegant look to it.
I began by watercoloring a background with Distress Inks: Picked Raspberry, Aged Mahogany, Festive Berries; Candied Apple, Worn Lipstick on Canson Cold Press 140# Watercolor Paper. Once it was completely dried I ran it through the Big Shot with the largest Lawn Fawn Small Stitched Stackable Rectangles.
The Simon Says Stamp Heart of Roses die and Hero Arts Love and Hearts die were cut from Paper Accents Gold Mirror Cardstock and then four more times from Gina K. Designs 120# Ivory Cardstock. All were glued together using Elmer’s Craft Bond Spray Adhesive to provide dimension. Since the Love die would rest on the heart I marked where it would rest and cut away the additional under layers so that it would rest flush on the heart die.
After determining the placement of both dies on the watercolor background a secondary sentiment from the Avery Elle Simple Said: Love set was stamped with Simon Says Stamp Clear Embossing Ink and then covered with Ranger Super Fine Detail Gold Embossing Powder and heat set with the Marvy Embossing Tool.
A top folding cardbase was made from Gina K. Designs 120# Ivory Cardstock. Darice Adhesive Fun Foam was added to the back of the panel and adhered to the card with Tombo Mono Multi Glue, which give you a few second to move it around and ensure it is placed correctly on the cardbase. The heart and sentiment dies were adhered using Elmer’s Craft Bond Spray Adhesive and the card was done.
I like the look of it so much that I decided to recreate the card with Silver Mirror Cardstock and darker more burgundy colored background created with Winsor & Newton Alizarin Crimson, Permanent Rose; Ivory Black watercolor half pans.
This was was made for my son and daughter-in-law whose favorite color is burgundy and love silver more than gold. For this card a silver mirror rectangle was cut with the Simon Says Stamp Bundle of Stitched Shapes Rectangle.
- Gina K. Designs 120# Ivory Cardstock
- Canson 140# Cold Press Watercolor Paper
- Paper Accents Gold Mirror Cardstock
- Hero Arts Love and Hearts Die
- SSS Heart of Roses Die
- Avery Elle Simple Said: Love Stamp
- Distress: Picked Raspberry, Aged Mahogany, Festive Berries; Candied Apple, Worn Lipstick
- Lawn Fawn Small Stitched Stackable Rectangles
- Gina K. Designs 120# White Cardstock
- Paper Accents Silver Mirror Cardstock
- Simon Says Stamp Bundle of Stitched Shapes
- Winsor & Newton Alizarin Crimson, Permanent Rose; Ivory Black
- Tombo Mono Multi Glue
- Elmer’s Craft Bond Spray Adhesive