We have a friend who lost her husband to cancer a while ago and is remarrying soon. Michael asked me to create a wedding card for her. I now she has a lot of gray and white in her home with touches of light colors, so I decided to make a white flower with light pink centers. I think it turned out pretty.
I have used this beautiful flower stamp from Altenew before and it makes such a gorgeous card. I stamped it with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink, my go to when coloring with Copic Markers.
I decided to cut a panel of cardstock to add behind the flower and looked at a light gray, and light pink, but eventually settled Gina K. Designs Slate Gray Cardstock, which is a deep rich color. I added foam tape behind the flowers to add dimension and adhered it to the gray panel, which really let the flowers pop.
For a sentiment I die cut Simon Says Stamp Celebrate word die from silver mirror cardstock and fun foam. I cut away the foam where the sentiment would rest on top of the flowers.
The focal panel was adhered to a side folding cardbase and the card was done. I hope Luray likes it and knows how happy we are for her to find someone to fill the hole in her heart.
- Altenew Statement Flowers
- My Favorite Things Celebrate
- Memento Tuxedo Black Ink
- Copic Markers: C10, C8, C7, C5, C3, C2, C0, RV23, RV02
- Gina K. Designs Base Weight Slate Gray Cardstock
- Gina K. Designs 120# White Cardstock
- Neena Classic Crest 80# Solar White Cardstock
- Paper Accents Silver Mirror Cardstock
- Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive
- My Favorite Things A2 Stitched Rectangle
- Darice Sticky Back Foam