This cute images is from C. C. Designs Heidi Among the Flowers and was used for a birthday card for one of the young women in our church whose favorite color is blue.
It was stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black ink onto Gina K. Designs 80# White Cardstock and then colored with Copic Markers (colored listed below).
I wanted to use some patterned paper for a background to the card to accent her favorite color of blue. A rectangle was cut from Recollections Bright and Basic 6″ x 6″ Paper Pad with Simon Says Stamp Bundle of Stitched Shapes Rectangle. I looked through my scraps of paper for a matching solid blue cardstock and cut a scalloped frame with the Pretty Pink Post Scalloped Rectangles die. Green cardstock was cut with the Taylored Expressions Wispy Grass die and glued to the back of the scalloped rectangle with Tombo Mono Multi Glue. The focal image was cut to fit behind the scalloped rectangle with a guillotine paper cutter. Thin strips of 3M 1/2″ foam tape was cut in half and added to the back of the frame and then it was adhered to the focal image. A rectangle just smaller than the focal image was cut from Darice Sticky Back Fun Foam and then adhered to the back of the focal image.
An A2 top folding cardbase was made from Gina K. Designs 120# White Cardstock. To determine where to stamp the sentiment the focal image was placed on the card front and then the sentiment from Penny Black’s Sprinkles and Smiles was was stamped with VersaMark Ink and heat embossed with Ranger Fine Detail Gold Embossing Powder. The focal image was then adhered to the card front with Tombo Mono Multi Glue and the card was done.
- C. C. Designs Heidi Among the Flowers
- Penny Black Sprinkles and Smiles (cut apart to be on one line)
- Recollections Bright and Basic 6 x 6 Paper Pad
- Gina K. Designs 80# and 120# Cardstock
- Blue Cardstock from Stash
- Pretty Pink Posh Scalloped Rectangles
- Darice Sticky Back Fun Foam (Small Rectangle)
- Taylored Expressions Wispy Grass
- Copic Markers: B91, B93, B95, B97; E00, E11, E51, R20; B000, B0000, G21, G24; E49, E59, E57
- Gold Stickles
- Ranger Fine Detail Gold Embossing Powder
- VersaMark Ink
- Memento Tuxedo Black Ink