My granddaughter Aurora turns twelve on July 21. She has a blue and yellow parakeet and while I didn’t find a stamp with that bird, I did find the Hero Arts Color Layering Parrot stamp and cut.
I stamped the image on Gina K. Designs 80# White Cardstock with Altenew Inks: Buttercream, Mango Smoothie, Sea Glass, Ocean Waves, Dusk, and Industrial Diamond and then die cut it using the matching dies.
To make the background look like sky I pulled some light blue cardstock from my stash, die cut it using the rectangle from Simon Says Stamp Bundle of Stitched Shapes, and ink blended it using the Inkylicioius Ink Blending Tool and Altenew Sea Glass and Ocean Waves ink.
I decided to have the parrot perched on a branch so I went looking through my stamp sets and pulled out the large branch from Altenew’s Vintage Flowers and stamped it to the ink blended panel with Altenew Dark Chocolate Ink. It was now time to add the leaves from the Layering Parrot stamp set. I wanted them to stay within the same color scheme so I pulled out Altenew’s Moss, Olive, Parrot, and Lagoon and randomly stamped the leaves on the branch, as well as in the upper right corner.
The sentiment is from Avery Elle Cupcakes and was stamped in the lower left of the card with Altenew Lagoon Ink. The MISTI was used so that it could be stamped a few times to intensify the color. The parrot was adhered to the branch using 3M ½” Foam Tape and the card was done. I love the way this card turned out.
- Gina K. Designs 80# and 120# White Cardstock
- Light Blue Cardstock from Stash
- Hero Arts Color Layering Parrot Stamp and Cut
- Altenew Vintage Flowers (Branch)
- Avery Elle Cupcakes
- Altenew Inks: Buttercream, Mango Smoothie, Sea Glass, Ocean Waves, Dusk, Industrial Diamond, Moss, Olive, Parrot, Lagoon, Dark Chocolate
- Distress Ink: Tumbled Glass
- Inkylicious Ink Blending Tool
- Darice Sticky Back Fun Foam
- ½” 3M Foam Tape
- Simon Say Stamp Bundle of Stitched Shapes Rectangle