This is another image from Art Impressions that makes a great masculine card. I used it this time for a birthday card, but I’ve used it for an invitation for a backyard barbecue that was really cute as well.
I stamped the image with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink onto some Neena Classic Crest 80# Solar White Cardstock and colored it with Copic Markers (E19, E08, E07; YG97, YG95, YG93; E35, E33, E31; E49, E47; W9, W7, W5; C2, C1, C0).
To create the scene I die cut two rectangles using a My Favorite Things A2 Stitched Rectangle, once for the sky background, and another to create the grass, which was created using a Lawn Fawn Simple Stitched Hillside Border. Fluffy clouds were cut using Avery Elle’s Pierced Clouds dies.
The sky rectangle was ink blended using Distress Inks Tumbled Glass and Broken China using a Ranger Mini Blending Tool. The grass was ink blended with Distress Inks Mowed Lawn and Peeled Paint. The two were adhered together using Kokuyo Dotliner Adhesive. To add more interest, little tufts of grass were added with Copic Markers.
The sentiment was stamped with VersaMark Ink onto the grass and heat embossed using Gina K. Designs Detail White Embossing Powder. Before doing this ensure that the ink has completely dried so the embossing powder only sticks to the sentiment.
The focal image was die cut using the PIXScan Mat and the Silhouette Cameo. Darice Sticky Back Foam was added by tracing around the image with a pencil and fussy cutting it with scissors. The clouds were adhered to the sky portion of the rectangle, one with 3M 1/2″ Foam Tape and the other directly to the rectangle with Kokuyo Dotliner Adhesive. The focal image was adhered using Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive.
- Art Impression Grill Father
- My Favorite Things Birthday Greetings
- Memento Tuxedo Black Ink
- VersaMark Ink
- Gina K. Designs Detail White Embossing Powder
- Copic Markers: E19, E08, E07; YG97, YG95, YG93; E35, E33, E31; E49, E47; W9, W7, W5; C2, C1, C0
- Neena Classic Crest 80# Solar White Cardstock
- Gina K. Designs 120# White Cardstock
- Distress Inks: Tumbled Glass, Broken China, Mowed Lawn, Peeled Paint, and Mini Ink Blending Tool Lawn Fawn Simple Stitched Hillside Border Die
- Lawn Fawn Simple Stitched Hillside Border Die
- My Favorite Things A2 Stitched Rectangle STAX
- Avery Elle Pierced Clouds Die
- Darice Sticky Back Foam
- Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive