This card uses the leftover dies from the previous card. The Cottage Cuts Racecars and Flags die has two different cars. This time I decided to adhered the elements directly to the background using liquid glue.
The background is the waste of a background create using Gina Marie Designs Stud Dot Argyle. Even the name of the die sounds masculine. When foiling waste you get a more distressed look to the foil. You will see there are few places where the foil didn’t adhere, but I kind of like that look. The edges of the foiling were overly distressed and so I decided to cut down the panel with a stitched rectangle.
I began by laying the elements of the card on the background panel and then start gluing things in place. I actually created this card before the previous one. I first removed all the checkers on the red flag and glued it to the background panel. I then carefully removed the checkers from the place die cut flag and adhered them in place with tiny dots of liquid glue. This took a bit of time, but I like the way it turned out. The red car was then placed and adhered and then the tired were layered and adhered in place.
The sentiment was stamped on a scrap black mirror cardstock with VersaMark Ink and heat embossed silver.
Foam tape was added to the foiled background focal image panel and it was adhered to a side folding A2 cardbase. If I had to do this card again I would add the red mat to the focal image panel and the sentiment, but I still like the look of the card.
- Cottage Cuts Racecars and Flags
- Unity Stamps for the Guys
- Gina Marie Designs Stud Dot Argyle
- Crafter’s Companion Papercraft Silver Hot Foil
- My Favorite Things A2 Stitched Rectangle Die
- Simon Says Stamp Sentiment Label Die
- Paper Accents Red, Silver and Black Mirror Cardstock
- VersaMark Ink
- Ranger Super Fine Detail Silver Embossing Powder
- Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive
- Darice Sticky Back Foam