I wanted to create all the birthday cards I would need until the end of the year since I was having surgery and didn’t know how I would be feeling. I ran across this Power Poppy Layer Cake Digital Stamp and printed it on Neena Classic Crest 80# Solar White Cardstock with an HP Laser Printer and cut around the image with the PIXScan Mat and the Silhouette Cameo.
The inspiration for the color of the image was taken from piece of pink hexagon paper from Doodlebug Kraft in Color 6 x 6 Paper Pad, which was die cut using a Simon Says Stamp Stitched Rectangle and adhered to the front of a top folding A2 cardbase made from Gina K. Designs 120# White Cardstock. The cake image was colored with Copic Markers RV14, RV13, RV12, RV11; V09, V06, V06; E59, E57, E55, since purple is a good complimentary color for pink, and who doesn’t like chocolate cake.
When you have a bright background I like to use a neutral color to highlight the focal image. A rectangle was die cut from Neena Classic Crest 80# Solar White Cardstock using a Simon Says Stamp Stitched Rectangle and then dry embossed with the Cuttlebug Polka Dot Embossing Folder, which I think complemented the polka dot icing on the cake.
The sentiment from Paper Smooches Scripty Sayings was stamped on the pink rectangle with VersaMark Ink and heat embossed with Gina K. Designs Detail White Embossing Powder. Darice Sticky Back Foam was traced, fussy cut, and adhered to the back of the focal image. It was then adhered to the dry embossed rectangle with Tombo Mono Multi Glue and the card was done.
- Power Poppy Layer Cake Digital Stamp
- HP Laser Printer
- Paper Smooches Scripty Sayings
- Simon Says Stamp Stitched Rectangles
- Copic Markers: RV14, RV13, RV12, RV11; V09, V06, V06; E59, E57, E55
- Darice Sticky Back Foam Sheet
- Silhouette Cameo
- Gina K. Designs 120# White Cardstock
- Neena Classic Crest 80# Solar White Cardstock
- Doodlebug Kraft in Color 6 x 6 Paper Pad
- VersaMark Ink
- Gina K. Designs Detail White Embossing Powder
- Cuttlebug Polka Dot Embossing Folder
- Kokuyo Dotliner Adhesive
- Tombo Mono Multi Glue