This is another Penny Black Stamp that works best when you use a watercolor medium and spritz it with water after adding the color and then stamping onto watercolor paper. You do this several times until the image has the depth and detail that you want. For this card I used Distress Mini Ink Cubes in Wilted Violet, salty Ocean, and Peel Paint.
If I were to do this card again I would add more lilac stems in the background, but I love lilacs and the combination of the blue and violet really make a pretty flower.
When the stamping was done I used Distress Oxide Tumbled Glass to ink blend the background.
The sentiment was stamped onto black cardstock with VersaMark Ink and heat embossed white. It was cut into a thin strip and an angled edge.
The panel was cut to be slightly smaller than an A2 cardbase using a stitched rectangle die. Sticky back foam was added to the back of the panel for dimension and it was then adhered to a side folding cardbase with liquid glue.
- Penny Black Lovely Lilacs
- Winnie & Walter Sentimental Birthday
- Distress Inks: Wilted Violet, Salty Ocean, Peeled Paint
- Distress Oxide Tumbled Glass Ink
- VersaMark Ink
- Gina K. Designs Detail White Embossing Powder
- Strathmore Bristol Smooth
- Gina K. Designs Base Weight Onyx Black Cardstock
- Gina K. Designs 120# White Cardstock