There is something about water that is so calm and soothing to the soul. I hadn’t used this image from Gina K. Designs By the Sea before and thought it would make a simple masculine birthday card. I stamped the image with Distress Antique Linen Ink on Canson XL 140# Watercolor Cardstock. This allows for no-line watercoloring and with a simple image like this one it isn’t too difficult to accomplish.
Using a watercolor brush pen the image was color with Brushed Corduory, Pumice Stone, Broken China, and Mustard Seed Distress Inks. The sentiment is from Winnie & Walter Sentimental Birthday and was stamped with Altenew Dusk Ink. Once the image was completely dry it was run through the Big Shot with a Lawn Fawn Stitched Stackable Rectangle. To accent the blue in the image and sentiment a rectangle of dark aqua blue was cut 1/8” larger and adhered to the back with Tombo Mono Multi Glue.
A top folding A2 cardbase was made from Gina K. Designs Ivory Cardstock. Darice Sticky Back Foam was added to the back of the focal image and then it was adhered to the cardbase with Tombo Mono Multi Glue and the card was done.
- Canson XL 140# Watercolor Cardstock
- Gina K. Designs 120# Ivory Cardstock
- Gina K. Designs By the Sea
- Winnie & Walter Sentimental Birthday
- Altenew Dusk Ink
- Distress: Antique Linen, Brushed Corduory, Pumice Stone, Broken China, Mustard Seed
- Lawn Fawn Stitched Stackable Rectangles
- Darice Sticky Back Foam Sheets