This is another flower image recently release from Clearly Besotted entitled Make a Wish. I wish when they provide details about the stamps that they would tell you what kind of flower it is. To be it looks like a cherry, apricot, or other type of fruit blossom. I stamped it on Canson XL Cold Press 140# Watercolor Paper with VersaMark Onyx Black Ink and then heat embossed it with the Marvy Embossing Heat Tool and Hero Arts Fine Detail Clear Embossing Powder. This is my favorite way to watercolor. The embossed edges help control the watercolor and keep the image crisp and detailed.
I used Winsor & Newton Artist Grade Watercolor Pans in Permanent Rose, Chinese White, and Olive Green. I added the white to the rose color so that it would be a pastel pink. After the image was completely dry Derwent Inktense Pencils 0520 Carmine Pink and 1560 Fern Green were used to add shadows to the center of the petals and blended out with a Dove Blending Pen.
The watercolored panel was then die cut using a Simon Says Stamp Stitched Rectangle. A slightly larger rectangle was cut with a guillotine paper cutter out of Gina K. Designs 120# Black Cardstock and adhered to the back of the watercolored panel with Sookwang Be Creative Tape.
A top folding A2 cardbase was made from Gina K. Designs 120# White Cardstock and the focal image panel was adhered to the front with Tombo Mono Multi Glue. As a final embellishment Neat and Tangled Pink Lemonade, Doodlebug Cupcake, and Pretty Pink Post Sugar Plum Mix Sequins were adhered around the image using Ranger Multi Medium Matte.
- Clearly Besotted Make a Wish Stamp
- Penny Black Sprinkles and Smiles Stamp
- Canson XL Cold Press 140# Watercolor Paper
- Gina K. Designs 120# White and Black Cardstock
- VersaMark Onyx Black Ink
- Hero Arts Fine Detail Clear Embossing Powder
- Marvy Embossing Heat Tool
- Neat and Tangled Pink Lemonade, Doodlebug Cupcake, and Pretty Pink Post Sugar Plum Mix Sequins
- Tombo Mono Multi Glue
- Ranger Multi Medium Matte
- Simon Says Stamp Stitched Rectangle
- Winsor & Newton Artist Grade Watercolors: Permanent Rose, Chinese White, Olive Green
- Derwent Inktense Pencils: 0520 Carmine Pink and 1560 Fern
- Dove Blending Pen