I loved the sentiment from this Art Impressions front and back stamp set called Maturing. I have a few friends that the sentiment makes a fitting birthday card. What I really liked about the set was that it had an inside and outside image, so I decided to make is a spinner card.
I stamped both images with VersaMark Ink on Canson XL 140# Cold Press Watercolor Paper and heat embossed it with Ranger Fine Detail Gold Embossing Powder. (If I were to do it again I would stamp it with VersaFine Onyx Black and heat emboss it with clear embossing powder.) The images were colored with Winsor and Newton Professional Watercolor (listed below).
I found some watercolor looking paper in the Momenta Carton Cardstock 12 x 12 Paper Pad and die cut it using the largest Memory Box Stitched Rectangle so that it would cover the entire front of an A2 top folding cardbase, made from Gina K. Designs 120# White Cardstock.
Prior to adhering to the cardbase the focal images were cut with a My Favorite Things Pierced Circle STAX. A strip of Sookwang Be Creative Tape was added to the middle of the circle and a string of South Bend Monofilament Line was used to create the spinner. Once the string was in place Tombo Mono Multi Glue was added to the rest of the circles and the two were adhered together. A Spellbinder Classic Circle Large was used to die cut a circle from the cardbase and the yellow background paper. The focal image circle was placed where it needed on the white cardbase and the two ends of the strings were adhered in place with more Be Creative Tape. Kokuyo Dotliner Adhesive was added to the back of the yellow rectangle and it was adhered over the string onto the front of the cardbase.
The sentiment was stamped using Hero Hues India Ink Black and the card was done.
- Art Impressions Maturing
- Ranger Fine Detail Gold Embossing Powder
- VersaMark Ink
- Canson XL 140# Cold Press Watercolor
- Gina K. Designs 120# White Cardstock
- Momenta Carton Cardstock
- Neena Classic Crest 80# Solar White Cardstock
- South Bend Monofilament Line
- My Favorite Things Pierced Circle STAX
- Spellbinders Classic Circle Large
- Winsor and Newton Watercolors: Prof. Aureoline, Cotman Cadmium Yellow, Prof. Cadmium Red; Cotman Alizarin Crimson; Prof. Cobalt Blue, Cotman Ultramarine, Viridian, Perm Sap Green, Yellow Ochre, Prof. Rose Madder, Chinese White, Ivory Black, Burnt Umber, Prof. Ultra Marine Violet
- Hero Hues India Ink Black