This morning when I went into my craft room these beautiful leftover butterflies from a card I created yesterday were calling my name. I knew I needed to use them on a card. I love the way it turned out. Maybe even better than the card I created earlier.
Since these are the smaller butterflies, I knew I needed a smaller focal area, so I ran a piece of Neena Classic Crest 80# Solar White Cardstock through the Big Shot with the largest My Favorite Things A2 Stitched Rectangle and then again with Gina Marie Designs Peekaboo Rectangles. It created a pretty frame for these gorgeous butterflies.
For added dimension, I die cut another stitched rectangle as a base and then added 3M 1/2″ Foam Tape to the back of the frame. I laid the butterflies in place to determine where to stamp the sentiment from Altenew’s Beautiful Day with Hero Hues India Ink Black. I then glued the butterflies in place with Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive. I’ve learned that Yupo Paper reacts a little differently with glue because it is a non-porous paper. The images need more time to dry and you have to be careful that they don’t move around until it’s set.
I had one butterfly leftover for the font of the envelope and then this creation was done.
- Paper Smooches Butterfly Duet
- Altenew Beautiful Day
- Tim Holtz Alcohol Blending Solution
- Ranger Alcohol Inks: Shell Pink, Flamingo, Watermelon, Wild Plum, Mermaid
- Ranger Yupo Paper
- Neena Classic Crest 80# Solar White Cardstock
- Gina K. Designs 120# White Cardstock
- Ranger Multi Medium Matte
- 3M 1/2″ Foam Tape
- My Favorite Things A2 Stitched Rectangle
- Gina Marie Designs Peekaboo Rectangle