In the Online Card Class Introduction Color Theory Day 2 talked about using monochromatic colors. It is amazing how beautiful a card can be when using only one color in varying shades and hues.
For this card I stamped all the individual flowers in the Simon Says Stamp Beautiful Flowers 2 set onto Strathmore Bristol Smooth Cardstock with VersaMark ink and heat embossed them with Gina K. Designs Detail White Embossing Powder. They were then colored using six different blue, blue/green colors from the ZIG Clean Color Real Brush 60 Marker Set.
Once the coloring was dry there were arranged into a bouquet. I cut some of the leaves from the flower stems and then used them in different placed in the bouquet to fill it out for a more visually pleasing arrangement. 3M 1/2″ Foam Tape was added to the back of the bouquet to add dimension.
A rectangle of Neena Classic Crest 80# Solar White Cardstock was die cut using a My Favorite Things A2 Stitched Rectangle. The flower bouquet was adhered to the front of the rectangle by removing the backing paper on the foam tape.
The sentiment from Hero Arts Messages with a Flourish was stamped with VersaMark Ink onto Paper Accents Vellum and cut into a strip and wrapped around the focal image rectangle and adhered in the back with Scotch Tape.
A top folding cardbase was made from Gina K. Designs Base Weight Turquoise See Cardstock. Darice Sticky Back Foam was added to the back and the focal image panel and it was then adhered to the card front using Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive.
- Simon Says Stamp Beautiful Flowers 2
- Hero Arts Messages with a Flourish
- Strathmore Bristol Smooth Cardstock
- Neena Classic Crest 80# Solar White Cardstock
- Gina K. Designs Base Weight Turquoise Sea Cardstock
- ZIG Clean Color Real Brush Markers: 033 Persian Green, 032 Persian Blue, 040 Green, 031 Cobalt Blue, 036 Light Blue, 038 Peacock Blue
- Darice Sticky Back Foam
- Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive
- My Favorite Things A2 Stitched Rectangle STAX
- VersaMark Ink
- Gina K. Designs Detail White Embossing Powder
- Ranger Fine Detail Silver Embossing Powder