When I showed my friend the last card I made with this Honey Bee stamp set she said it would be perfect for her grandson’s birthday. He plays a lot of musical instruments and is part of a drum core. So I decided to make her a card that would include a drum and trumpet, which are some of the instruments he plays.
This time I stamp Gina K. Designs Music Medley Background on some Neena Classic Crest 80# Solar White Cardstock in Simon Says Stamp Barely Beige Ink. I then stamped the images directly over the background, masking some of the images to overlap.
Once I was done coloring I die cut the focal image with a My Favorite Things A2 Stitched Rectangle. I used them on most of my cards. I like the finished result that they give. I adhered the panel to a black cardbase.
I stamped the sentiment on a scrap of black cardstock and heat embossed with detailed white embossing powder. Added some foam tape to the back for dimension. I then stamped musical notes as if the sound was coming out of the instruments.
I really liked the way the card looked, but at the last moment I decided to add some Ranger Glossy Accents to the instruments. I think it really added to the card.
- Honey Bee Stamps Music Speaks
- Poppy Stamps Birthday Blowout
- Gina K. Designs Music Medley Background
- Copic Markers: YR27, YR24, YR23, YR21; Y28, Y26, Y23, Y21; B28, B26, B24, B23; C5, C4, C2; Y38, Y19; E51, E50; R46, R27, R24
- Gina K. Designs Amalgam Ink
- Memento Tuxedo Black Ink
- VersaMark Ink
- Simon Says Stamp Barely Beige Ink
- Gina K. Designs Detailed White Embossing Powder
- My Favorite Things A2 Stitched Rectangle
- Avery Elle Double Pierced Square
- 3M ½” Foam Tape
- Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive
- Neena Classic Crest 80# Solar White Cardstock
- Gina K. Designs Base Weight Onyx Black Cardstock