I have an elderly friend who has really had a rough year. I wanted to send her a card to let her know I was thinking of her and hoping that she would feel better soon. I recently purchased My Favorite Things Steep In Love and thought it would make a perfect card.
I stamped the little girl image on Gina K. Designs 80# White Cardstock with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink. I modified the image a little by adding bangs and socks, and enlarging the eyes with a Sakura Pigma Micron 01 Archival Ink Pen. I colored the image using Copic Markers, colors used are listed below. Once the coloring was done I cutout the image with the matching die and the Sizzix Big Shot.
A rectangle was cut from Gina K. Designs 80# White Cardstock using the Lawn Fawn Large Stitched Stackable Rectangles. The focal image was placed on the rectangle to determine placement of the sentiment, which is from the Steeped in Love stamp set. The sentiment was stamped with Altenew Persian Blue Ink. Copic C1 and C2 were used to ground the image so that she didn’t appear to be floating on air. The focal image was adhered to the rectangle using 3M 1/2″ Foam Tape.
For added color another rectangle was cut using Simon Says Stamp Bundle of Stitches Shapes out of My Minds Eye Feeling Groovy Cardstock. An A2 Top Folding Cardbase was made from Gina K. Designs 120# White Cardstock and the blue rectangle was adhered using Tombo Mono Multi Glue. Next the white rectangle with the focal image was adhered using the same glue and the card was done.
- My Favorite Things Steeped in Love
- Copic: B91, B93, B95 dress; C00, C1 apron and socks; C1, C2 ground; E55, E57, E49 hair; E00, E01, E11, R20 skin; B95, B97, B99 shoes; BV01, BV02, BV04 teapot; Y06, Y08, YR23 flower; Rv11, RV13, RV14 cup and heart; G40, G43, G41 flower stem and vase; E23, E25, E29 tray
- Pigma Micron 01 Archival Ink Pen
- Altenew Persian Blue Ink
- My Minds Eye Feeling Groovy Cardstock
- Gina K. Designs 80# and 120# White Cardstock
- 3M ½” Foam Tape
- Lawn Fawn Large Stitched Stackable Rectangles
- Simon Says Stamp Bundles of Stitched Shapes Rectangle