At Splitcoaststampers.com this week the Technique Lovers Challenge was to create a Tri-Fold Card. It looked interesting and so I decided to give it a try.
You take a full sheet of cardstock and score it at 4 1/4″ and 5 1/2″ and then you cut it diagonally from corner to corner. This creates the tri-fold card base. I decided to do a top folding card and decorated the bottom right of the card with patterned paper from Bo Bunny’s Isabella Collection. Then I needed to decide on what focal image I could create that would go well with the patterned paper I had chosen. I decided to us Avery Elle’s Bring on the Cake.
I stamped the image with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink and colored it with Copic Markers. I then pulled out My Favorite Things Pierced Circle STAX die and selected one that would closely cut around the focal image. I left enough room to stamp the sentiment from the same stamp set. I matted my circle with pink cardstock I had in scraps using the Spellbinders Classic Scalloped Circles Small.
When adhering the focal image you want to be sure that you only do so to one side so that the tri-fold card can be opened. I decided to scatter some Doodebug Designs Sprinkles Cupcake Assortment around the focal image, added Ranger Glossy Accents to the frosting and the card was done.
The problem with this type of card is that it doesn’t stay together very well. This really bothered me and so I went to my sewing room and pulled out some clear Velcro and added a small square underneath the focal image to keep the card together and it worked much better.
- Avery Elle Bring on the Cake
- Bo Bunny Isabella Collection Neena Classic Crest 80# Solar White Cardstock
- Gina K. Designs 120# White Cardstock
- Memento Tuxedo Black Ink
- Copic Markers: RV13, RV11, RV10; E49, E59, E57; C4, C2, C1
- Clear Wink of Stella
- Glossy Accents
- Doodlebug Design Sprinkles Cupcake Assortment
- My Favorite Things Pierced Circle STAX
- My Favorite Things A2 Stitched Rectangle STAX
- Spellbinders Classic Scalloped Circles Small
- Lawn Fawn Stitched Borders