In this class they showed how beautiful backgrounds can be created using Distress Oxide Inks and stencils. I had recently purchased Hero Arts Crossing Waves Stencil and decided to give it a try. Love the way it turned out.
I taped the stencil to the back of a quarter sheet of Strathmore Bristol Smooth Cardstock. I wanted to keep the colors to blue, green and yellow. The colors of Oxide inks used were: Broken China, Salty Ocean, Twisted Citron, and Wild Honey. The Oxide Inks blend beautifully on the Bristol Smooth paper. Once I lifted the stencil front the paper it revealed this amazing graphic background.
The background was die cut using the rectangle from Simon Says Stamp Bundles of Stitched Shapes. A rectangle 1/8″ smaller was cut from a Darice Sticky Back Foam Sheet and adhered to the back. It was then adhered to the front of a top folding A2 Cardbase made from Gina K. Designs 120# White Cardstock with Tombo Mono Multi Glue.
I didn’t want the sentiment to detract from the focal image and so it was stamped with VersaMark Ink on a scrap of Gina K. Designs 120# Black Cardstock and then heat embossed with Gina K. Designs Detail White Embossing Powder. It was adhered to the focal image with 3M 1/2″ Foam Tape and the card was done.
- Strathmore Bristol Smooth Cardstock
- Gina K. Designs 120# Black Cardstock
- Hero Arts Crossing Waves Stencil
- Distress Oxide Inks: Wild Honey, Twisted Citron, Broken China, Salty Ocean
- My Favorite Things Celebrate You Stamp
- Gina K. Designs Detail White Embossing Powder
- VersaMark Ink
- Darice Sticky Back Foam Sheet
- Simon Says Stamp Bundle of Stitched Shapes Rectangle
- Tombo Mono Multi Glue