This is the last card I made today for the Rainbow Maker card class. It has been fun using the technique and pulling out some stencils that I’ve had in my stash to create some colorful birthday cards.
For this card I wanted to a rainbow of colors achieved by overlapping the Distress Oxide Ink colors. I taped the Echo Park Balloons Stencil to a piece of Strathmore Bristol Smooth Cardstock and ink blended Broken China, Slaty Ocean, Twisted Citron, Wild Honey, Spiced Marmalade, and Candied Apple. I love the ombre affect achieve on the balloons by overlapping the colors.
It created such pretty, colorful background that I wanted to keep the rest of the card pretty simple to allow the ink blended stencil to shine. I stamped the sentiment from Mama Elephant’s Make a Wish with VersaFine Onyx Black Ink and then heat embossed it with Hero Arts Detail Clear Embossing Powder. The focal image was die cut using the rectangle from Simon Says Stamp Bundle of Stitched Shapes and some Darice Sticky Back Foam was cut 1/8″ smaller and adhered to the back. The focal image was then adhered to a top folding A2 Cardbase made from Gina K. Designs 120# White Cardstock and the card was done.
A simple card, but I love the results.
- Strathmore Bristol Smooth Cardstock
- Gina K. Designs 120# White Cardstock
- Echo Park Balloons Stencil
- Mama Elephant Make a Wish Stamp
- VersaFina Only Black Ink
- Hero Arts Detail Clear Embossing Powder
- Distress Oxide Inks: Broken China, Salty Ocean, Twisted Citron, Wild Honey, Spiced Marmalade, Candied Apple
- Darice Sticky Back Foam Sheet
- Simon Says Stamp Bundle of Stitched Shapes Rectangle
- Tombo Mono Multi Glue