This is the second card I made for the Online Card Class Rainbow Maker. This watercolor background was created on Strathmore Bristol Smooth Cardstock. I think that the results are more streaky, but that is something that watercolor is known for. I think I will experiment more with this medium to see if I can get a better blend in the future.
I think these bright and colorful backgrounds really show off a white die cut sentiment. For this card I used Papertrey Ink’s Text Block Birthday Portrait. It was cut three times from Gina K. Designs 80# White Cardstock and adhered together with Elmer’s Craft Bond Spray Adhesive.
A top folding cardbase was made from Gina K. Designs 120# White Cardstock. The watercolor panel was cut down using the Simon Says Stamp Bundle of Stitched Shapes Rectangle. A rectangle of Darice Sticky Back Foam Sheet was cut 1/8″ smaller and adhered to the back. Tombo Mono Multi Glue was used to adhere the foam mounted panel to the cardbase. I like the white border that using the SSS rectangle leaves. The sentiment die cut was adhered to the watercolor background using Ranger Multi Medium Matte and the card was done.
Another great masculine birthday card.
- Strathmore Bristol Smooth Cardstock
- Gina K. Designs 80# and 120# White Cardstock
- Papertrey Ink Text Black Birthday Portrait
- Mission Gold Watercolors: Rose Matter, Yellow Orange, Permanent Yellow Light, Sap Green, Ultramarine Deep, Bright Clear Violet
- Simon Says Stamp Bundle of Stitched Shapes Rectangle
- Darice Sticky Back Foam Sheet
- Elmer’s Craft Bond Spray Adhesive
- Ranger Multi Medium Matte
- Tombo Mono Multi Glue