I saw this beautiful scene stamp from Penny Black and thought it would make great masculine birthday cards. My husband’s favorite color is blue, and I know a lot of other men like that color as well so I decided to use various blues for the color scheme for this card.
I stamped the image StazOn Midnight Blue Ink and then heat embossed it with clear embossing powder. This allows you to ink blend over the image, preserving the intensity of the stamping.
I cut a circle from a full adhesive post-it note and placed it where I wanted the moon to be in the image. I then ink blended the lake and sky with different blue Distress Oxide Inks and then removed the post-it circle.
The sentiment was stamped with VersaMark Ink and heat embossed with white embossing powder.
- Penny Black On the Lake
- Simon Says Stamp Tiny Words Birthday
- StazOn Midnight Blue Ink
- VersaMark Embossing Pen
- Hero Arts Ultra Fine Clear Embossing Powder
- Distress Oxide Inks: Chipped Sapphire, Blueprint Sketch, Salty Ocean
- Laromni Blending Brushes
- My Favorite Things A2 Stitched Rectangle
- Gina K. Designs In the Navy Base Weight Cardstock
- Gina K. Designs 120# White Cardstock
- Neena Classic Crest 80# Solar White Cardstock
- Darice Sticky Back Foam
- Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive
- Kokuyo Dotliner Long Adhesive
- Hero Arts Circle Infinity Die
- Post-it Full Adhesive Note