There have been a lot of cards created with the Lawn Fawn Out of this World stamp set. This card’s inspiration is from one created by Nicole Spohr. It is for my oldest grandson who turn’s eighteen on April 12. I thought the sentiment “today the world revolves around you” was perfect. What teenager doesn’t feel that way.
I created the background twice. The first time I tried to use a falling stars stencil and just didn’t like the way it looked. For the final product I ink blended Distress Ink Candied Apple, Wilted Violet, Fossilized Amber, Chipped Sapphire, and Black Soot on a quarter sheet of Strathmore Bristol Smooth Cardstock and found it to be as easy to blend as everyone has been saying. Once the blending was complete I spritz it with water from my Distress Spray Bottle and waited about 30 seconds before blotting it with a dry paper towel and was very happy with the star like look it created. I die cut the background with the largest Simon Says Stamp Stitched Rectangles die then added some Paper Accents Gold Cardstock behind it that was 1/8″ larger than the die cut rectangle and adhered them together with Tombo Mono Multi Glue.
Next I stamped all the images from the stamp set onto Gina K. Designs 80# White Cardstock and colored them with the Copic Markers listed below, and then die cut them with the matching dies. I arranged all the planets, rocket, and astronaut to determine where to stamp the sentiment, which is from the same stamp set, stamped with VersaMark Ink and heat embossed with Ranger Fine Detail Gold Embossing Powder.
Once the sentiment was complete, the images were adhered to the card front with Tombo Mono Multi Glue, with the exception of the Astronaut, which was adhered using 3M 1/2″ Foam Tape. The focal image rectangle was then adhered to a top folding A2 cardbase made from Gina K. Designs 120# Black Cardstock and the card was done.
- Lawn Fawn Out of This World Stamp and Dies
- Distress Ink: Candied Apple, Wilted Violet, Fossilized Amber, Chipped Sapphire, Black Soot
- Memento Tuxedo Black Ink
- VersaMark Ink
- Copic Markers: E55, E47, E49; R24, R29, R46; C00, C0, C8, C9; E000, E00, E11; YG91, YG93, YG95; Y32, Y35, Y38, E43; YR15, YR18, YR09; B91, B93, B95, B97; G40, G43, G46
- Strathmore Bristol Smooth Cardstock
- Gina K. Designs 80# White Cardstock
- Gina K. Designs 120# Black Cardstock
- Paper Accents Gold Mirror Cardstock
- Simon Says Stamp Stitched Rectangles
- Ranger Fine Detail Gold Embossing Powder
- Tombo Mono Multi Glue
- 3M ½” Foam Tape
- Darice Sticky Fun Foam Black
- Inkssentials Glossy Accents