This card was created around some patterned paper from Fancy Pants Design Trend Setter 12 x 12 Paper Pad. I love the look of the navy zig zag paper to enhance the cute bear image from the My Favorite Things Beary Special Birthday stamp set.
I began by stamping the images from My Favorite Things Beary Special Birthday on Gina K. Designs 80# White Cardstock with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink and then colored it with Copic Markers (colors used are listed below). Once the coloring was done I ran them through the Big Shot with their matching dies.
To create a focal point I die cut a rectangle from the same white cardstock with the Lawn Fawn Large Stitched Stackable Rectangles and then ran it through the Big Shot with We R Memory Keepers Stripes Sunburst Embossing Folder. Adding this dry embossing draws your eye directly to the focal image. A rectangle of Gina K. Designs 120# Navy Cardstock was cut 1/8″ larger and adhered to the back with Sookwang Scor-Tape. I don’t like using liquid glue to adhered things together when using lighter cardstock. The lines of the glue can sometimes be seen as it dries.
The bear, balloon, and presents were adhered to this rectangle with Tombo Mono Multi Glue. A rectangle was cut from the patterned paper using Simon Says Stamp Bundle of Stitched Shapes and adhered to an A2 Top Folding cardbase made from Gina K. Designs 120# Navy Cardstock with more Scor-Tape. The focal image rectangle was adhered to the patterned paper using Tombo Mono Multi Glue.
For the sentiment the word “Happy” was cut from American Crafts Gold Glitter Cardstock using Lawn Fawn’s Happy Happy Happy die. The secondary sentiment was stamped on a scrap of Navy Cardstock with VersaMark Ink and heat embossed with Ranger Fine Detail Gold Embossing Powder and then double fishtail ends were hand cut. The banner was then adhered just below the focal image with Tombo Mono Multi Glue and the die cut word was adhered with Ranger Multi Medium Matte so that it would it would overlap the both the banner and focal image and the card was done.
- My Favorite Things Beary Special Birthday
- American Crafts Gold Glitter Cardstock
- Fancy Pants Design Trend Setter 12 x 12 Paper Pad
- Gina K. Designs 120# Navy Cardstock
- Gina K. Designs 80# White Cardstock
- Copic Markers: E30, E33, E35, E57 (Bear); G00, G02, G03 (Presents and Hat); B97, B39, BF29 (Presents and Balloon); R20, R21, R22 (Presents); C6, C8 (Plate); C7, C8 (Nose)
- Ranger Fine Detail Gold Embossing Powder
- Distress Black Soot Ink
- Memento Tuxedo Black Ink
- VersaMark Ink
- We R Memory Keepers Stripes Sunburst Embossing Folder
- Lawn Fawn Large Stitched Stackable Rectangles
- Simon Says Stamp Bundle of Stitched Shapes Rectangle
- Tombo Mono Multi Glue
- Ranger Multi Medium Matte
- 3M ½” Foam Tape