This is another card made with patterned paper to create a background for the die cut image. This was a quick and easy design, except that I couldn’t get the cake to look the way I wanted. What I finally settled on was accenting the die cut with Inktense Pencils and a Dove Blending Pen to add dimension.
I die cut the patterned paper from Paper Studio’s Eat Cake Paper Back with a Simon Says Stamp Stitched Rectangle. I then used the stitched edge from Simon Says Stamp Bundle of Stitched Shapes to cut the patterned paper on an angle so that I could create an area on the cardbase for a sentiment, removing 5/8″ of an inch.
A top folding cardbase was made from Gina K. Designs 120# White Cardstock and the patterned paper was place on top to determine where to stamp the sentiment, which is from My Favorite Things Big Birthday Sentiments, and stamped with Hero Hues India Ink Black, using the MISTI. Once the sentiment was in place, Darice Sticky Back Fun Foam was cut and adhered to the back of the patterned paper. Tombo Mono Multi Glue was used to adhere the two pieces to the cardbase.
The cake is from Sizzix Birthday Cake Stamps and Matching Dies and was cut from glitter cardstock. The separate pieces were adhered together with Ranger Multi Medium Matte. Dimension was added to the die cut with Inktense Pencils and then it was added to the card front with 3M 1/2″ Foam Tape and the card was done.
- Paper Studio Eat Cake Paper Pack
- Paper Studio Glitter Paper Pack
- Gina K. Designs 120# White Cardstock
- Sizzix Birthday Cake Stamps and Matching Dies
- My Favorite Things Big Birthday Sentiments
- 3M ½” Foam Tape
- Darice Sticky Back Fun Foam
- Simon Says Stamp Stitched Rectangles
- Simon Says Stamp Bundle of Stitched Shapes
- Tombo Mono Multi Glue
- Hero Hues India Ink Black
- Derwent Inktense Pencils: 0300 Tangerine, 0240 Sienna Gold and 1700 Mustard
- Dove Blender Pen