For this card I decided to do a more traditional watercoloring of Penny Black’s Full of Glee. It is amazing how one stamp, used in many different ways, can create beautiful and unique cards for those we love.
It was stamped on Canson XL Water Color Paper with VersaFine Black Ink and then heat embossed with Hero Arts Fine Detail Clear Embossing Powder. I was thinking of my sister Colette when choosing the Tombo Markers for the image. Her favorite color is blue and so the following colors were used: 515 Light Blue, 555 Ultramarine, 528 Navy Blue, 553 Peacock Blue, 491 Glacier Blue, and 158 Dark Olive. I watered down the lightest blue for a background color to the image.
The sentiment is from Penny Black’s Sprinkles and Smiles and was stamped in the lower left corner with VersaFine Black Ink and heat embossed with Hero Arts Fine Detail Clear Embossing Powder.
When everything was complete dry I ran it through the Sizzix Big Shot with the largest Simon Says Stamp Stitched Rectangle. Darice Sticky Back Foam was cut 1/8” smaller than the focal image and adhered to the back.
An A2 top folding cardbase was made from Gina K. Designs Black Cardstock. The focal image was adhered to the front using Tombo Mono Multi Glue. A few sequins from Pretty Pink Posh Seattle Mix and Doodlebug Designs Swimming Pool were adhered to the front of the card with Ranger Multi Medium Matte and the card was done.
I love the look of the white focal image on the black cardbase.
- Gina K. Desgins 120# Black Cardstock
- Canson XL 140# Watercolor Paper
- Penny Black Full of Glee
- Penny Black Sprinkles and Smiles
- Hero Arts Fine Detail Clear Embossing Powder
- VersaFine Black Ink
- Tombo Markers 515 Light Blue, 555 Ultramarine, 528 Navy Blue, 553 Peacock Blue, 491 Glacier Blue, and 158 Dark Olive
- Pretty Pink Posh Seattle Mix Sequins
- Doodlebug Designs Swimming Pool and Blue Jeans Sequins
- Tombo Mono Multi Glue
- Ranger Multi Medium Matte
- Darice Sticky Back Fun Foam
- Sizzix Bit Shot
- Simon Says Stamp Stitched Rectangles