I love the images from Power Poppy and going digital allows you to size them perfectly to fit your design. I printed this peonies image onto Neena Classic Crest 80# Solar White Cardstock with a laser printer to eliminate bleeding of the lines when coloring with Copic Markers.
Once the coloring was complete I stamped the sentiment below the flower with Amalgam Ink.
For this design I decided to frame the flower with My Favorite Things Pierced Rectangle Frame die. I cut it from the same cardstock and then added foam tape behind for dimension. I placed it over the flower image to determine where to cut down the image so that it would be behind the frame in the perfect location. I marked it with pencil and then cut it down with my guillotine cutter. I removed the backing from the foam tape and placed the flower rectangle behind the frame. The using liquid glue I adhered it to a top folding cardbase.
The final embellishment was to add different colored green sequins around the flower and sentiment. I like the way the frame is slightly smaller than the card front.
This was a quick and easy card to make.
- Power Poppy Irresistible Peonies
- Altenew Thinking of You
- Copic Markers: R24, R22, R21, R20; YG67, YG17, YG03; Y28, Y26, Y21
- Neena Classic Crest 80# Solar White Cardstock
- Gina K. Designs 120# White Cardstock
- My Favorite Things Pierced Rectangle Frame
- Pretty Pink Posh Mossy Green Sequins
- Doodlebug Designs Limeade Sequins
- Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive