While I had already made a couple of cards for Aurora’s birthday, she recently told me she had asked for a black bunny for her birthday and so I decided to make one more card to choose from using the bunny from the Clearly Besotted Petite Plushies stamp set.
I stamped the bunny all over a 4 ¼ x 5 ½ piece of Gina K. Designs 80# White Cardstock with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink. I needed some other birthday images to fill in the open areas left after stamping the bunnies and so I pulled out Simon Says Stamp Big Birthday Wishes for the balloons, Clearly Besotted It’s Your Birthday for the party hats, and Avery Elle Cake and Candles for the confetti and stamped them with Altenew Mountain Mist, Buttercream, Soft Lilac, Frosty Pink, Sea Glass inks.
I stamped one more bunny on a scrap of cardstock and then colored all the bunnies using Copic Markers W0, W1, W6, W7, W9, R20. Once the color was done the black bunny was die cut using the matching die and the background was then die cut using Simon Says Stamp Stiched Rectangles.
I searched my scraps of paper to find some light turquoise cardstock, which is Aurora’s favorite color and cut it with my guilotine paper cutter 1/8” larger than the background paper and adhered them both together using Elmer’s Dot Runner Adhesive. Darice Sticky Back Foam was then cut 1/8” smaller than the blue rectangle and adhered to the back of the focal image. It was then adhered to a top folding A2 cardbase made from Gina K. Designs 120# White Cardstock using Tombo Mono Multi Glue.
The sentiment is from My Favorite Things Celebrate You and was stamped with VersaMark Ink on a strip of the turquoise cardstock and then heat embossed with Gina K. Designs Detail White Embossing Powder. 3M ½” The black cutout bunny was added to the left of the sentiment and then the strip with cut to fit across the card front. Foam Tape was added to the back of the sentiment strip and behind the bunnies head an then it was adhered to the lower third of the card.
This is eventually the card that was given to Aurora and she loved it.
- Gina K. Designs 80# and 120# White Cardstock
- Light Turquoise Cardstock from Stash
- Clearly Besotted Petite Plushies
- Simon Says Stamp Big Birthday Wishes (Balloon)
- Clearly Besotted It’s Your Birthday (Hat)
- Avery Elle Cake and Candles (Confetti)
- My Favorite Things Celebrate You
- Copic Markers: W0, W1, W6, W7, W9, R20
- Altenew Inks: Mountain Mist, Buttercream, Soft Lilac, Frosty Pink, Sea Glass
- VersaMark Ink
- Hero Arts Fine Detail White Embossing Powder
- Darice Sticky Back Fun Foam
- ½” 3M Foam Tape
- Simon Says Stamp Bundle of Stitched Shapes Rectangle