I am surrounded my scientists in my household. My husband’s degree is in biology, my oldest daughter has a degree in bio chemistry and her husband is a physical therapist, my oldest son has a doctorate in geo physics and his wife has a masters in geology, my youngest son’s degree is in chemistry, along with his beautiful wife, and my youngest daughter is a pediatrician. And then there’s me who doesn’t do anything with science, went to secretarial college, and loves to create. Go figure.
Both of my daughters-in-law have birthdays in November. I am always looking for stamp sets that I think my children and grandchildren would like. This card was made with My Favorite Things Pure Innocence and Undeniable Chemistry and is for Monica.
I took some Canson XL 140# Cold Press Watercolor Paper and prepped it with an anti-static pad since I planned to emboss a background for the card. I randomly stamped the chemical symbols from My Favorite Undeniable Chemistry, added Ranger Silver Embossing Powder and heat set with the Marvy Embossing Tool.
Since Monica’s favorite colors are burgundy and black I used Candied Apple, Seedless Preserves, Aged Mahogany, Hickory Smoke and Black Soot to ink blend the panel. It was glued to a top folding cardbase made from Gina K. Designs 120# Black Cardstock.
The image from My Favorite Things Pure Innocence was stamped on Gina K. Designs 80# White Cardstock with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink since I planned to color it with Copic Markers (colors are listed below). Once the image was colored it was run through the Sizzix Big Shot with the second Lawn Fawn Small stitched Stackable Rectangles. A rectangle of Recollection Silver Mirror Cardstock was cut 1/8″ larger than the focal image and glued together with Tombo Mono Multi Glue.
Using Winnie & Walter the Big, the Bold and Party stamp set “birthday” was stamped in the lower right of the focal panel. WPlus9 Happy Trio was die cut from both Recollections Silver Mirror Cardstock and Darice Adhesive White Fun Foam and adhered together with Tombo Mono Multi Glue and then to the focal image.
Darice Adhesive White Fun Foam was glued to the back of the focal image and adhered to the background panel with Tombo Mono Multi Glue and the card was done.
- Gina K. Designs 120# Black Cardstock
- Gina K. Designs 80# White Cardstock
- Recollection Silver Mirror Cardstock
- Canson XL 140# Cold Press Watercolor Paper
- My Favorite Things Undeniable Chemistry
- My Favorite Things Pure Innocence
- Winnie & Walter the Big the Bold and Party
- Distress Ink: Candied Apple, Seedless Preserves, Aged Mahogany, Hickory Smoke, Black Soot
- Copic Markers: Pants C6, C7, C9; Shoes C7, C10; Shirt R39, R56, R59; Beaker B000; Skin E00, E11, E51; Hair E49, E77, R59; Outline BG0000, BG10; Ground C0, C1
- Lawn Fawn Small Stitched Stackable Rectangles
- WPlus9 Happy Trio
- Darice Adhesive White Fun Foam
- Ranger Silver Embossing Powder
- Tombo Mono Multi Glue
- Marvy Embossing Tool