This is the second card I made using My Favorite Things Make a Wish, this time using purple inks from Altenew and Gina K. Designs.
This stamp set has five candles all together in one stamp. In order to stamp them in different colors I used the coordinating die to cut them out of white cardstock and then inserted one cut out at a time into the negative space. This was such a quick and easy way to use different colors and not have the overlap onto the adjacent candle.
For this card I wanted to use all five candles and so I turned the orientation to landscape. I cute a scalloped rectangle from purple cardstock to compliment the colors of the candles, but didn’t like the way the candles got lost on the dark background, so I cut a scalloped oval from white cardstock and stamped the sentiment in purple ink at the bottom and adhered it to the purple rectangle. The candles were arranged on a slight curve and adhered with foam tape and then all were adhered to a side folding A2 cardbase with liquid glue.
The final embellishment was to add Crystal Stickles to the flames and the card was done.
- My Favorite Things Make a Wish
- Altenew Birthday Greetings
- Gina K. Designs Inks: Lovely Lavender, Wild Lilac, Sweet Corn, Wild Dandelion
- Altenew Inks: Hydrangea, Andromeda, Ultraviolet
- Recollections Deep Purple Cardstock
- Neena Classic Crest 80# Solar White Cardstock
- Gina K. Designs 120# White Cardstock
- Spellbinders Fancy Edged Ovals Die
- Gina Marie Designs Scalloped Rectangle Die
- Darice Sticky Back Foam
- 3M ½” Foam Tape
- Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive
- Ranger Crystal Stickles