I was in need of some masculine birthday cards and decided to used My Favorite Things Big Birthday Wishes.
I went through my scraps of paper and die cut the sentiment from a rainbow of colors, along with a white panel that had been sized with a stitched rectangle. I cut a piece of typing paper just smaller than the rectangle and completely covered it with dotliner adhesive and added it to the back of the white panel with the negative sentiment. This makes it very easy to piece all the different colored letters in place.
I wanted to add a little visual interest and ran the panel through the Big Shot with the Stampin’ Up’s Subtle Embossing Folder. To add additional visual interest I cut a couple of balloons using the Birch Press Design Party Balloons and ran them through with a swiss dot embossing folder for texture. I used the balloon strings from another die set and cut them from gold mirror cardstock and adhered them behind the balloons. I glued the two balloons together with liquid glue and added foam tape behind them for dimension and added them to the top of the sentiment panel.
I decided to use a colorful cardbase. This one was cut from Gina K. Designs Red Hot to make an top folding A2 card and the panel was adhered using liquid glue.
Since I had a lot of leftover letters I also made two more versions (see below).
- My Favorite Things Big Birthday Wishes
- Birch Press Designs Party Balloons
- Honey Bee Balloon Numbers
- My Favorite Things A2 Stitched Rectangle
- Cuttlebug Swiss Dots Embossing Folder
- Stampin’ Up Subtle Embossing Folder
- Paper Accents Gold Foil Cardstock
- Neenah Classic Crest 80# Solar White Cardstock
- Gina K. Designs Base Weight Red Hot Cardstock
- Green, Yellow, Orange, Red, Purple, Blue Cardstock from Scraps
- Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive
- Kokuyo Dotliner Long Adhesive
- Darice Sticky Back Foam