This card uses the waste from hot foiling the My Favorite Things Big Birthday Wishes with red foil. I’ve found that foiling the waste can be hit and miss. Most of the time you do not get full coverage. That was the case with this card. The edges were not well covered, so I cut the panel down with a stitched rectangle. If you look closely there are a few small areas were the coverage isn’t precise, which gives it a little distressed look.
I added Simon Says Stamp Big Mama Foam Tape to the back of the panel and adhered it to a top folding A2 cardbase. It needed a little more visual interest and so I cut the mini cupcake and candle from My Favorite Things from white glitter cardstock and the candle again from gold mirror cardstock and adhered everything together with liquid glue. Simon Says Stamp’s Big Mama Foam Tape was added to the back and the candles was adhered to the base of the “I” in the word “BIG” and I liked that much better.
- My Favorite Things Big Birthday Wishes Die
- My Favorite Things Mini Cupcake Maker Die
- My Favorite Things A2 Stitched Rectangle
- Paper Accents White Glitter Cardstock
- Neenah Classic Crest 80# Solar White Cardstock
- Gina K. Designs 120# White Cardstock
- Spellbinders Glimmer Red Hot Foil
- Simon Says Stamp Big Mama Foam Tape
- Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive