With the health concerns in the United States right now my grandson who was serving a two-year mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is returning home early. He is devastated that he won’t be able to serve the last three months of his mission. He had come to love the people he was serving in Iowa. But he has been a wonderful missionary, sharing the good news of Jesus Christ in the Des Moines, Iowa. We wanted him to know how proud of him we are and that he has returned with honor from serving the Lord.
This was a simple card to make. I found this wonderful image on the interest and used it for the background of the card. It was die cut using the largest My Favorite Things A2 Stitched Rectangle and adhered to a top folding cardbase made from Gina K. Designs Base Weight Ivory Cardstock.
Missionaries wear name tags while serving and I recreated one in Word and adhered it to the upper left of the card.
The “Returned with Honor” was created, printed, and cut in the Silhouette Cameo and adhered to the bottom of the card with 3M 1/2″ Foam Tape.
What more brings comfort to the world at this difficult time than to have a knowledge of the plan of salvation and that Heavenly Father and His Son are aware of us and will bless us as we rely upon them.
- Golden Plates and Other Artifacts from RationalFaiths.com
- Missionary Name Tag Created in Word
- Silhouette Returned with Honor Word Sentiment (Kismet and Calibri Fonts)
- My Favorite Things A2 Stitched Rectangle
- Gina K. Designs Base Weight Ivory Cardstock
- Neena Classic Crest 80# Solar White Cardstock
- Sticky Back Foam
- Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive
- Kokuyo Dotliner Long Adhesive