This clean and simple card could be used for a sympathy card or just to give encouragement to someone who is having a hard time.
This is a simple card that doesn’t take very long to make. I used my Inkadinkado Embossing Buddy to removing any oils from the Canson 140# Cold Press Watercolor Paper prior to stamping the rose from Clearly Besotted Happy Everything Stamp with VersaMark Ink. Next I embossed the image with Hero Arts Clear Embossing Powder and heat set it with my Marvy Embossing Heat Tool. Embossing the image makes watercoloring quick and easy as it ensures the color stays within the raised lines.
For my palette I have a piece of white cardstock that I have laminated. Using my mini Distress Ink pads I smooshed some Picked Raspberry, Spun Sugar, Bundled Sage, Crushed Olive onto the palette. I applied the color with my Kuretake Waterbrush.
Once the watercolor panel was completely dry I ran it through my Big Shot with the largest Lawn Fawn Small Stitched Stackable Rectangles. Because I was stamping on watercolor paper I stamped the sentiment from the Simon Says Stamp Friendship Blooms Sentiment Stamp using my MISTI so I could stamp multiple time for a clear impression.
I applied the focal image with 3M 1/2″ Foam Tape to a Top Folding Gina K. Designs 120# White card base, cut at 4 1/4″ x 11″ and scored at 5 1/2″ and the card was done.
- Gina K. Designs 120# White Cardbase
- Canson 140# Cold Press Watercolor Paper
- Clearly Besotted Happy Everything Stamp
- Simon Says Stamp Friendship Blooms Sentiment Stamp
- Distress: Bundled Sage, Crushed Olive, Spun Sugar, Picked Raspberry
- Hero Arts Clear Embossing Powder
- Lawn Fawn Small Stitched Stackable Rectangles
- 3M 1/2″ Foam Tape
- Marvy Embossing Heat Tool
- Inkadinkado Embossing Buddy