For this card I decided to use a stencil in an oval. I cut an oval from Office Depot’s Full Sheet Shipping Labels and then adhered it to a quarter sheet of cardstock. I used Altenew’s Mountain Mist for the stencil and then die cut the rectangle with a My Favorite Things A2 Stitched Rectangle.
I had been looking on Splitcoast Stampers and saw some pretty silhouette cards. I decided to pull out the Memory Box Blooming Chrysanthemum and die cut it from black cardstock. I also used two of the ovals from Spellbinder’s Fancy Edged Ovals to create a frame. To adhered the frame to the card front I used some Darice Thin Strip Foam. Before adhering to the card front I stamped the sentiment with amalgam ink and there removed the backing paper and adhered the frame.
To complement the frame and the die cut flowers a mat of black cardstock was added to the back of the focal image panel. It was adhered to a top folding A2 cardbase and the card was done.
- Memory Box Blooming Chrysanthemum
- Hero Arts Birthday Messages
- Spellbinder’s Fancy Edged Ovals
- Altenew Feeling Dotty Stencil
- Altenew Mountain Mist Ink
- Gina K. Designs Amalgam Ink
- My Favorite Things A2 Stitched Rectangle
- Neena Classic Crest 80# Solar White Cardstock
- Gina K. Designs 120# White Cardstock
- Gina K. Designs Base Weight Onyx Black Cardstock
- Darice Thin Foam Strips
- Kokuyo Dotliner Long Adhesive