In the midst of all the cards I have been creating for the Online Card Class Spring Card Camp I made this get well card for a virtual friend of mine on Splitcoast Stampers. Jen and I have never met, but she is a wonderfully supportive friend to my cards. When I found out she had been sick I wanted to create a card for her, so I asked for her address.
Jen creates those cutest cards with great patterned paper and a wonderful focal image. I tried to recreate something that would appeal to her creative style, so I pulled out this cute image from SugarPea Designs.
I stamped it with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink so I could color it with Copic Markers and the lines would not bleed. When Jen creates her card she colors her images to coordinate with the patterned paper she is using. Since we can’t go shopping for paper right now, I found some paper in my stash I thought would work and colored this sweet little girl surrounded by her stuffies in the colors of the cardstock. However, when I went to put the finished image on that cardstock it didn’t look good at all. I am no Jen in creating this type of card. So, I pulled out a double sided subtle pink patterned paper and used that instead. I added a thin border of plain pink cardstock to the back of the focal image, which was cut down with a stitched rectangle. I then adhered her to a scalloped white rectangle, added some foam behind for dimension and added it to the pink patterned paper card front. Not as good as Jen’s but still cute.
- SugarPea Designs Sniffles & Snuggles
- Copic Markers: R39, R37, R35; YG67, YG17, YG03; B02, B01, B00, B000, B0000; Y08, Y04; Y26, Y23, Y21; E79, E29, E57, E55; E35, E33, E31; C8, C6, C6, C3, C1, C0; N3, N1; E11, E01, E00, R20
- Bo-Bunny’s Back to Backs Double Dot Pink Cardstock
- Neena Classic Crest 80# Solar White Cardstock
- Gina K. Designs 120# White Cardstock
- 3/8” White Organza Ribbon
- Gina Marie Designs Scalloped Rectangle
- Lawn Fawn Stitched Rectangle
- Darice Sticky Back Ink
- Gina K. Designs Innocent Pink Ink
- Signo Uniball White Gel Pen
- Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive
- Kokuyo Dotliner Long Adhesive