I was in need of a get well card and still had the Stampin’ Up Forever Fern set on my desk. I wondered what it would look like if I stamp several images in a circle. My first attempt was freehand and that turned out pretty wonky. For my second attempt I cut a circle from a full stick post-it and placed it in the center of my card. I visually divided it into thirds and added little tick marks on the mask.
I stamped the first light green leaves where there were tick marks and then stamp the olive green leaves to the left of those. The last was to stamp some plum colored berries.
I looked for a sentiment that would fit well in a circle and found this perfect sentiment by Penny Black. I stamped it with the same plum ink as the berries and cut it out using a Hero Arts Infinity Circle die. I used the next largest die to cut a green circle to mat the sentiment on. It was adhered in the center of the leaves with foam tape. I also added some flowers that were die cut using Stampin’ Up’s Beautiful Bouquet and added green rhinestones for the centers.
Since there was extra space at the bottom of the spray I scored three lines using a bone folder and score board.
This was so easy to do that I create 8 more to give my Relief Society President at church so she could used them to send to people who are ill in the congregation.
- Stampin’ Up Forever Fern
- Penny Black Special Thoughts
- Stampin’ Up Beautiful Bouquet
- Altenew Inks: Fresh Leaf, Olive, Midnight Velvet
- Hero Arts Infinity Circle Die
- Simon Says Stamp Nested Circles
- My Favorite Things A2 Stitched Rectangles
- Gina K. Designs Base Weight Fresh Asparagus
- Gina K. Designs 120# White Cardstock
- Neenah Classic Crest 80# Solar White Cardstock
- Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive
- Green Rhinestones from Stash
- Darice Sticky Back Foam