Day 10 of the Spring Card Camp 2 was taught by Channin Pelletier. Her technique was all about substituting one of the letters in a die cut sentiment with an image. She used some cute critters and a flower. I decided to use a small cupcake for my second card.
I first looked through my patterned paper and found this pretty blue and green chevron. I went to my scraps and found a piece of teal blue that I could use for my sentiment.
I created and cut my word in the Silhouette Cameo, cutting it five times from 80# white cardstock and once from the teal. I also cut two layers of shadow behind the focal image word, each 1/8″ difference in size. I cut both shadows from white and teal because I hadn’t yet decided what color layout would look best on the patterned paper. My husband liked the blue and my crafty friend the white, so I decided to do both with different patterned paper.
I substituted the “a” in party with My Favorite Things Mini Cupcake Maker, cutting it from both white and blue and adding sprinkles in the opposite color to the frosting. At the last minute I decided to add a couple of balloons and I think they added a lot of visual interest to a pretty plain card. Foam tape was added to the back for dimension and white metallic cording was used for the balloon strings.
The secondary sentiment was stamped on the blue with VersaMark Ink and heat embossed white. It was also stamped on white with turquoise ink. The smallest Simon Says Stamp Sentiment Label was used to cut thin sentiment strips.
The letters were layered together three times for dimension. They two shadow outlines were adhered together with liquid glue and then the letters were glued in place, leaving room for the cupcake. Foam tape was added to the back of both the “party” sentiment and the sentiment strip for added dimension.
The patterned paper was cut down to 5 1/4″ x 4″ and adhered to a side folding A2 cardbase. The balloons were adhered in the upper right of the card and the strings were cut short enough to not be seen under the large sentiment, which was adhered in place using a T-Ruler to ensure it was straight. The secondary sentiment was then adhered below. The last addition to the card was to add some Wink of Stella to the cupcake frosting and balloons and the cards were done. Below is the card with the white sentiment letters. The products used were exactly the same for both cards except the blue sentiment strip used white embossing powder.
- Silhouette Word with Broadway Font
- My Favorite Things Mini Cupcake Maker
- CZ Designs Birthday Palooza
- Cousin Iridescent White Metallic Cord
- Penny Black Uplifting Balloons
- 3M ½” Foam Tape
- Recollections Bright and Basic 6”x6” Paper Pad
- Neena Classic Crest 80# Solar White Cardstock
- Gina K. Designs 120# White Cardstock
- Teal Cardstock from Scraps
- Kokuyo Dotliner Long Adhesive
- Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive
- VersaMark Ink
- Gina K. Designs Detail White Embossing Powder
- Clear Wink of Stella