Day 10 of the Spring Card Camp 2 was taught by Channin Pelletier. Her technique was all about substituting one of the letters in a die cut sentiment with an image. She used some cute critters and a flower. I decided to use a heart lollipop for my first card.
I created and cut my word in the Silhouette Cameo, cutting it five times from 80# white cardstock and then layering them together with liquid glue. I also pulled in my heart lollipop digi stamp and did an outline to cut around the image. I then cut the outline four more times so the lollipop would be the same dimension as the letters. The lollipop was substituted for the “a” in Happy.
When I was going through some of my 6″x6″ paper pads I saw this pink and white striped cardstock. It made me think of an awning over a store front and that is what I decided to do. I decided to use a sentiment from Scrapbook.com’s Sweet Celebrations for the store name and stamped it in top center of the patterned paper. I then used the scalloped border from Pretty Pink Posh to create my awning.
I positioned my letters and lollipop underneath the awning and then cut a thin rectangle at the bottom of the card for the bottom of the store front. Before gluing the letters and lollipop in place I stamped the secondary greeting with VersaMark Ink and heat embossed it. The awning and lower store front were adhered with foam tape. The sentiment letters and lollipop were adhered in place with liquid glue. As a final embellishment I added Ranger Crystal Stickles to the heart lollipop and then adhered everything to a side folding A2 cardbase.
- Silhouette Word with Antiqua Caps Font
- Alex Syberia Heart Lollipop Digi Stamp
- Hero Arts Birthday Messages
- Scrapbook.com Sweet Celebrations
- VersaMark Ink
- Gina K. Designs Detail White Embossing Powder
- Copic Markers: RV23, RV02, RV000
- Pretty Pink Posh Stitched Borders
- My Favorite Things A2 Stitched Rectangle
- 3M ½” Foam Tape
- Recollections Bright and Basic 6”x6” Paper Pad
- Gina K. Designs 120# White Cardstock
- Kokuyo Dotliner Long Adhesive
- Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive