For Day 17 of the Online Card Class Spring Card Camp 2 May Park and Lea Lawson were the guest designers and their technique was to highlight background die pieces. May ink blended a background, added foam behind it and then die cut a star background from it. The background was once again cut from white cardstock and adhered to a top folding cardbase. The ink blended shapes were then added to areas of the white background creating a lovely colorful card front. She die cut a large sentiment from glitter cardstock and added a secondary black and white sentiment strip. Lea Lawson took a background die and removed the negative die cut,leaving only the positive pieces on the card.
For these two cards I used the Gina Marie Designs Candy Stripe Background die. I cut the background from both the pink ink blended panel and gold glitter cardstock that I had added sticky back foam to for dimension. Different positive stripes were used for each of the cards.
For the first card I removed the die cut stripes and then adhered the negative background to a top folding white cardbase with liquid glue. I then filled the larger stripe openings with the gold glitter stripes.
For the second card I die cut the background again from white cardstock and adhered the negative panel to a top folding cardbase. I adhered the pink large stripes and thin gold stripes into the appropriate places.
I found a couple of digi cupcake images for the cards and used a couple of sentiments from My Favorite Things Sugar Coated Sentiments, which were stamped with VersaMark Ink on black cardstock and heat embossed white.
Below is the card with the larger pink stripes.
- Lili of the Valley Little Fairy Cake
- My Favorite Things Sugar Coated Sentiments
- Gina Marie Designs Candy Stripe Background
- Altenew Inks: Frosty Pink, Baby Pink, Fuchsia, Magenta
- Copic Markers: RV23, RV21, RV02; RV17, RV14, RV13, RV11; Y26,Y23, Y21; Y17, Y15, Y13
- Neena Classic Crest 80# Solar White Cardstock
- Gina K. Designs 120# White Cardstock
- Gina K. Designs Base Weight Onyx Black Cardstock
- Paper Accents Gold Glitter Cardstock
- Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive
- Ranger Crystal Stickles
- My Favorite Things A2 Stitched Rectangle
- Darice Sticky Back Foam
- VersaMark Ink
- Gina K. Designs Detail White Embossing Powder