For day 16 of the Online Card Class Spring Card Camp 2 Ashlea Cornell was the guest designer and her technique was watercolor washes, creating beautiful, vibrant background with different mediums.
I had a smaller piece of blue watercolor wash leftover from the previous cards I made that was the perfect size for a background to Simon Says Stamp’s Birthday Wishes Circle. I cut down the watercolor wash with a stitched rectangle and then stacked three die cuts of the “Birthday Wishes Circle” together with spray adhesive. It was added to the top of the watercolor rectangle with liquid glue.
There was quite a bit of space left at the bottom of the rectangle so I pulled out some blue stitched grosgrain ribbon and wrapped it around the rectangle, adhering it in the back with Scotch Tape. I looked through my stash of buttons and found a blue one that was the right size for the ribbon and threaded blue baker’s twine that had been stained with distress ink through the button holes and tied a bow. The button was then adhered using a couple of glue dots.
I looked at a lot of different blue patterned paper for the card front and finally decided on this blue and white gingham, but when I went to adhere the watercolor wash panel on top I didn’t like the look, so I pulled out a slightly larger stitched rectangle and cut it from white cardstock and adhered the watercolor panel to the front. The gingham paper was cut 1/4″ smaller than an A2 cardbase and adhered to the front with dotliner adhesive. The watercolor panel was then adhered to the front of the cardbase and the card was done.
- Simon Says Stamp Birthday Wishes circle
- Tombo Watercolor Pens: 565, 476, 515, 533
- Neena Classic Crest 110# and 80# Solar White Cardstock
- Gina K. Designs 120# White Cardstock
- Canson XL 140# Cold Press Watercolor Paper
- Blue and White Gingham Paper from Stash
- Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive
- Elmer’s Craft Bond Spray Adhesive
- Darice Basketweave Embossing Folder
- Kokuyo Dotliner Long Adhesive
- Darice Sticky Back Foam
- Offray Blue Grosgrain Ribbon
- Blue Button from Stash
- Blue & White Baker’s Twine Stained Blue with Distress Chipped Sapphire
- My Favorite Things A2 Stitched Rectangle