For day 16 of the Online Card Class Spring Card Camp 2 Ashlea Cornell was the guest designer and her technique was watercolor washes, creating beautiful, vibrant background with different mediums.
ZIG Clean Color Read Brush Markers were used for this color wash, which used purple, pink, and yellow. After it was dry a pearl shimmer spray was added to the wash.
For this card I decided to use the background panel from the watercolor wash. I used the My Favorite Things Flower Fusion Coverup Die. Rather than adhering it to white cardstock I decided to use white glitter paper behind the die cut flowers and cut a rectangle the same size as the background die. Since glitter paper has a rough texture a fair amount of liquid glue was added to the back of the panel to adhered the two together.
It took me a while to decide what I wanted to do for a sentiment. I cut the “celebrate” word first from black cardstock and didn’t like that at all with the soft colors of the background. I knew I had a light yellow glitter paper in my stash and decided to cut the sentiment from it. However, it got lost when placed over the yellow at the bottom of the card and I didn’t like it over the purple at the top. So I decided to cut an outline/shadow for the die using my Silhouette Cameo. I placed the black die cut on my PIXScan Mat and imported the image into my software and created a .6 outline of the die cut. I pulled out some bubblegum pink glitter cardstock for the shadow. When I placed the pink outline on the card front it was too pink, so I pulled out a V04 Copic Marker and colored the cardstock to tone it down a bit and make it match the background better. The sentiment and shadow were adhered together with liquid glue. I decided to cut the shadow two more time from 110# cardstock and stacked them together to add a little more dimension to the sentiment die. For the secondary sentiment I used a Copic Marker to color a scrap of watercolor paper and then stamped the work with VersaMark Ink and heat embossed it white. This was placed over the last two letters of the word die cut.
Enamel dots were added to the center of the flowers and the watercolor die cut panel was adhered to a top folding A2 cardbase and the card was done.
- My Favorite Things Flower Fusion Coverup Die
- My Favorite Things Celebrate
- Winnie & Walter The Bold & Party
- ZIG Clean Color Real Brush Markers: 080 Violet,025 Pink, 050 Yellow
- Blick Liquid Watercolor Pearl Simmer
- Various Enamel Dots from Doodlebug and Recollections
- Neena Classic Crest 110# Solar White Cardstock
- Gina K. Designs 120# White Cardstock
- Doodlebug Lily White Sugar Coated Cardstock
- Doodlebug Vanilla Sugar Coated Cardstock
- Doodlebug Bubblegum Sugar Coated Cardstock
- Canson XL 140# Cold Press Watercolor Paper
- Nuvo Deluxe Adhesive
- Copic Markers: V4, R81
- VersaMark Ink
- Gina K. Designs Detail White Embossing Powder